There are no resources or collections to display
- John Peter Schneider (1801-1883) was a native of Frankfurt-on-the Rhine, Germany.
- He came to America in 1824 and eventually settled in the area now known as North Aurora.
- Schneider built a cabin near the present intersection of Butterfield Road and Route 25.
- Later, he donated land on his property for the construction of a log cabin schoolhouse – the only school in the area.
- Schneider was a strong proponent of education and served as president of the school board in the 1860s.
JOHN PETER SCHNEIDER
Founder of Schneider's Mill - North Aurora
Schneider Elementary School
304 Banbury Rd, North Aurora, IL 60542